Skip to main content
Well, since Puff is pretty much stabilized on the medication there isn't much to report except for her progress with feathers. So the updates are more sporadic, hopefully with spring coming though we will see a bigger change in feathers.
one thing I'm in the process of changing is switching from formula to real food mash in her syringe feedings. As I don't see me stopping those because she is such a picky eater and I want her getting a good amount of nutrients as possible and she seems to really enjoy the syringe feeding and eats it very well.
So here is a couple pictures I took of her today, I still think she does chew a bit here and there once in while but she certainly looks better then she has ever looked since before starting this protocol. So in my mind this is a success no matter what, however I hope to see her fully feathered one day soon...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OK,  well no weight loss or gain,  either way that is quite the improvement. She is being a bit more lively and fiesty today as well. I asked her to step up and she gave me one foot and not the other, and chose to bite my finger. Not hard but enough to let me know she had an opinion about me moving too fast for likeness. It may not seem like much but to me it is huge, she is alert enough to not just comply with whatever and let me know she was unhappy about something. This is not something I have seen since starting this process and until it happened I didn't even realize it was missing. So making this little change seems to have made a big difference. Now let's get that weight back up! She did take a few bites of her favorite fruit today, banana, well second favorite, grapes are #1 but mainly for the juice so the banana actually gives her more. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now that I've seen some natural behaviors come back. I know this is not something that is ea
So I've been giving Puff the 1/1 mixture at 05 ml for a week now. She has some new feathers, so all I can do is watch and see. Her personality is in full bloom, she's still the picky eater I know her to be. With me giving her hand feeding formula twice a day, fresh foods and her daily nuts and pellets her weight is staying steady at about 315 grams.
OK, she weighed in at a big 'ol 299 today!  She's getting more of her personality back as well. Telling me no more often, which is always OK, and I'm glad to see her doing again. However I've noticed her desire to be close to me much more, choosing to sleep on me and when I try to put her into her cage at night after our cuddles, she really tries to cling to me. She's finally showing more interest in foods as well, so hopefully this keeps going.