Skip to main content
my phone is sick so i won't have pics for a while until it get repaired, however she is doing pretty well. i have noticed she has chewed feathers under her wings, i am not sure if that is new or old. also, she can remove a feather and it just comes right out, so not sure if that is because it is damaged or something. this is very strange to me and will have to do some research on this to understand it and be able to explain what is going on better.
she is now sleeping in my room again though, i noticed she was just having a very hard time in her cage, so i moved it and it didn't get better. she was just not comfortable, i am not clear why but when i brought her to my room and put her in the smaller cage she didn't fight me and actually gave me a tail wag and went right in. the last two nights she has been in there and done very well, we spend about a half hour playing on the bed before i put her in the cage and shut the lights off and go to bed myself. also, in the morning we spend about ten minutes in there before coming out just hanging out, then go to the bathroom where i brush my teeth and get dressed and such.
on the eating front she is starting to show some interest in foods again, not much but some. any increase is good in my opinion. her appetite is increasing overall as well, she is eating more formula at each feeding as well. she had went down a bit in weight, but now it is back up to where it should be, so I'm happy with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OK,  well no weight loss or gain,  either way that is quite the improvement. She is being a bit more lively and fiesty today as well. I asked her to step up and she gave me one foot and not the other, and chose to bite my finger. Not hard but enough to let me know she had an opinion about me moving too fast for likeness. It may not seem like much but to me it is huge, she is alert enough to not just comply with whatever and let me know she was unhappy about something. This is not something I have seen since starting this process and until it happened I didn't even realize it was missing. So making this little change seems to have made a big difference. Now let's get that weight back up! She did take a few bites of her favorite fruit today, banana, well second favorite, grapes are #1 but mainly for the juice so the banana actually gives her more. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now that I've seen some natural behaviors come back. I know this is not something that is ea
So I've been giving Puff the 1/1 mixture at 05 ml for a week now. She has some new feathers, so all I can do is watch and see. Her personality is in full bloom, she's still the picky eater I know her to be. With me giving her hand feeding formula twice a day, fresh foods and her daily nuts and pellets her weight is staying steady at about 315 grams.
OK, she weighed in at a big 'ol 299 today!  She's getting more of her personality back as well. Telling me no more often, which is always OK, and I'm glad to see her doing again. However I've noticed her desire to be close to me much more, choosing to sleep on me and when I try to put her into her cage at night after our cuddles, she really tries to cling to me. She's finally showing more interest in foods as well, so hopefully this keeps going.