Skip to main content
Today is Wednesday August 24th and Puff had her yearly check up and we also did a full blood panel to have a starting point for everything. Tomorrow I will get the results of all these tests. So at 5 pm I gave her the first dose of halidol, I then watched her for the next half hour and there was no effect at all. I will continue this dose for the next two days and see how it goes, I will slowly increase every two days until I get to what is the desired effect. I am following the protocol set up by Dr. Jeffrey Jenkins DVM, with some assistance from a wonderfully nice and educated friend, Don Scott of The Chloe Sanctuary for Parrots and Cockatoos. 

This is a picture taken of her on Saturday, to show her current FDB which includes the legs, chest and neck. she chews her feathers, she does not pluck. She also does not chew her skin. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OK,  well no weight loss or gain,  either way that is quite the improvement. She is being a bit more lively and fiesty today as well. I asked her to step up and she gave me one foot and not the other, and chose to bite my finger. Not hard but enough to let me know she had an opinion about me moving too fast for likeness. It may not seem like much but to me it is huge, she is alert enough to not just comply with whatever and let me know she was unhappy about something. This is not something I have seen since starting this process and until it happened I didn't even realize it was missing. So making this little change seems to have made a big difference. Now let's get that weight back up! She did take a few bites of her favorite fruit today, banana, well second favorite, grapes are #1 but mainly for the juice so the banana actually gives her more. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now that I've seen some natural behaviors come back. I know this is not something that is ea
OK, she weighed in at a big 'ol 299 today!  She's getting more of her personality back as well. Telling me no more often, which is always OK, and I'm glad to see her doing again. However I've noticed her desire to be close to me much more, choosing to sleep on me and when I try to put her into her cage at night after our cuddles, she really tries to cling to me. She's finally showing more interest in foods as well, so hopefully this keeps going.
So I've been giving Puff the 1/1 mixture at 05 ml for a week now. She has some new feathers, so all I can do is watch and see. Her personality is in full bloom, she's still the picky eater I know her to be. With me giving her hand feeding formula twice a day, fresh foods and her daily nuts and pellets her weight is staying steady at about 315 grams.