So here we are at one week, Puff is starting to eat a bit better and her weight was at 301 grams today. She still lost but much less then the last few days, so hopefully we have turned a corner. Also, she still hasn't chewed those two feathers on her chest and I see a few new ones coming in, so we will see how it goes. I've also noticed a few body feathers have come out as well. As I'm observing I did notice Mylo in the last week has been more hormonal and pushing his limits with her and maybe yesterday she just had enough, let's hope. I'm keeping close watch on them both and making sure a good distance is kept. She still naps a bit but it is nothing major and is less each day.
It's been almost a year now, and Puff is almost fully feathered. It is truly amazing the difference that has happened, not just to her feathers though. She just truly seems more relaxed and happier, she shows more confidence in new situations, which is honestly quite amazing to watch. I brought her next door to my mom's house and she made herself right at home, she hopped right off my shoulder and started wandering around the table and a counter between the kitchen and living room. Simply checking things out all along the way, a confidence I enjoyed watching with a huge smile on my face and pride in my heart. She interacts so much more with me as well, she also puts up with the tiels so much better, without incident in quite some time now. She vocalizes so much more, much like she used to do, before any issues happened. She also chooses to be in the same room with the other birds and myself during the day again, instead of choosing to avoid any interactions with me or other bi...

Comments
Post a Comment